top of page

Recent Fires In Caravans


The top picture is a fire inside a boiler cupboard. The cupboard should not be used for storage but a sweeping brush got too close to the gas flame which in turn melted and then set fire to more items on the floor; namely a cool bag made of foam and a pair of trainers. The bottom pictures are an electrical switch fire that overheated. Although both are localised fires the fire extinguisher powder damage goes everywhere and both fires need extensive work to make right costing a lot of money. Be aware of what you are storing and where in your caravan. Simple precautions will prevent the majority of fires and make sure your smoke alarm is working. Don't get confused Carbon Monoxide detectors do not detect gas leaks from LPG or Natural Gas they detect the potential lethal fumes that can kill from burning fossil fuels.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Summer caravaning Faults

Summer Caravaning Why not book in a pre-winter check and service and get all those faults looked and repaired before putting your caravan away for the winter and forgetting them.

Mobile caravan Servicing

Mobile Touring caravan servicing can be done at the caravan location, home address, in storage or on park. So if your visiting the Isle of Wight then get in touch and pre-book now.

Comentarios


bottom of page